“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40



Thursday, January 17, 2013

Fight hard and be Thankful


Fighting for peace of mind today. I hate that devil! He likes to try to come in and fill me with doubt, insecurity, and fear. He thinks I'm gonna fall for it again, not this time. I'm not the easy target I used to be.

Our family received some hard news today. At some point recently my Mom has had a stroke. She is doing fine, it was minor. If there is such a thing. It has affected her memory mostly. She fights to remember things that might come easy to you and I. She will be having some more test ran soon that will hopefully tell her more. The crazy thing is yes, she has shed a few tears, but she has an undeniable peace about her. She says that even though she is still in shock, God has given her comfort.


Mom and I
2009

Her and I are in the middle of a Bible study right now that is pretty intense and has us searching the scriptures back and forth with great passion. The Lord is amazing the way he works. I'm not sure that she would be this calm if she hadn't been walking so intimately with the Lord right now. I am so grateful for God's timing. Its almost to much for my little heart to bare.

I love my Mom dearly, shes one amazing woman. She has given me so much and has given up so much for me. I am blessed to have her. My prayer is for God to heal her this side of heaven. Everything in my being cries out for that, but if He chooses not to, I am more than grateful for this time in my life. This time where Mother and Daughter can sit next to each other and cry tears sorrow and joy because of the love of our one and only Jesus.

Thankful to be a shoulder she can cry on. Thankful to be daughter who loves her. Thankful to be a friend to encourage her. Thankful to have a Lord who hears me when I stand on her behalf and cry out in the name of Jesus. Thankful to have a God who heals. Thankful to have a God who fights for her when then enemy attacks. Thankful to have a God who loves her. Thankful to have a God who has redeemed her. Thankful I have God. I LOVE YOU LORD JESUS!




No comments:

Post a Comment