“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40



Thursday, November 29, 2012

Awareness Is Key!

Christine Caine... A name I was not familiar with until just a few months ago. That was until I attended a women's conference and she rocked my foundation. She wasn't even the main speaker but God used her to speak deep into my soul. Her passion and her heart spoke louder than her words. Believe me when I say, she is who I want to be when I grow up, and not just because she's a cute little blonde spitfire with one amazing Australian accent. But because she heard the voice of God and she went.

The Lord spoke to her in a very real way about a very real need. Human Trafficking. This was something that my heart was broken over and had been for sometime but something that's so unbelievable and horrific was hard for me to even think about. It's so real and so hard to believe that this is happening in the 21st century. I'm talking about young women and children from all over the world being kidnapped or lied to and being sold into modern day slavery. Being shipped across the world in cargo shipping crates just so they can be sold, abused, used, lied to, broken down, beaten, and owned like a piece of property.

If that is not crazy enough to wrap your brain around, there are women right here in Kansas City that the same thing is happening to. Kansas City is a hot spot for human trafficking. They fact that their are major highways that run to just about anywhere in the U.S., trains, buses, and planes that do the same make it easy access for traffickers. The women you sometimes see on the streets don't necessarily want to be there. They are not always there on their own free will. Other women could be there because of choices, circumstance, and things that could or couldn't be out of their control. Some of the homeless women you see at the stop lights are the same women that you could see on the streets on any given night. Either way these women are lost in the darkness. They need The Light. The Hope. The One. 

Several years ago Christine Cain and her husband Nick started The A21 Campaign (http://www.thea21campaign.org/the-problem.php) to stop human trafficking. They are doing great things on the streets all over the world. They are rescuing the trafficked and they are helping to get the traffickers put in jail. God has used Chris in a mighty way and He can use us too. We need to open our eyes and our hearts to need that is all around us.

"When you decide enough is enough, that the darkness of this world must be lit with the hope of Christ and his transforming love, and that you are a conduit of that love, you will not rest."
-Christine Caine

I could go on and on but I will let you have your turn to check it out for yourself. Thanks for checking in. Please comment, I would love to hear your thoughts. Don't forget to follow as well. This is all so new to us and we are taking baby steps so please excuse the mess. I guess I'm just a work in progress. Thankful He's not finished with me yet! Love ya'll

To report Human Trafficking please call the national hot line at (800)373-7888

No comments:

Post a Comment