“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40



Thursday, December 6, 2012

Family Need

Hello there family.

I can call you family right? Were all in this fight together and isn’t that what families do, fight together? Good or bad, thick or thin, families stick together. Love one another, share with one another, take care of one another, and fight for one another. Right?

I know that’s not how all people feel about family. I know that some of us have had hurts and cuts so deep to our hearts that it has left scars. I know that some of us may feel like loved ones have abandoned us or given up on us for one reason or another. Or maybe we have given up on them. Pain is hard, hurt is real, and forgiveness sometimes feels almost impossible.

No one can hurt us more than the ones we love and the crazy thing is that we can't hurt anyone more than the ones who love us. Aren't you glad that when Jesus said "It is finished" He meant it? Aren’t you glad that we have such a Savior as Christ who came to take not only our sins but our hurts and heartbreaks as well? Aren’t you glad He never gives up on us? I pray sweet friends that you don't give up on Him. I pray you share your load with Jesus. I pray you cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you. I pray you find the healing for the brokenness you may have. I pray that you don't give up but instead just give! Help me to show someone living on the streets what the joy of family feels like.

Below is a list of items that are needed this time of year for the men and women living on the streets. If you are able to give please post a comment below, facebook me, text, or email and I will contact you for pick up.

Coats
Blankets
Sleeping Bags
Warm Winter Clothing
Tents
Socks
Boots
Hats
Scarf
Gloves
Long Johns
*Tooth Brush
*Tooth Paste
*Deodorant
*Soap
*Shaving kits
*Hand Sanitizer
*Bottled Water
Bus Passes

* Denotes items that need to be purchased new.

Let’s be the family of God and give until our precious little hearts can't take anymore.

Loving you like family,
(and I don't mean like that crazy uncle everyone has, oh you know the one)

Edie :)

We are family, I got all my sisters with me, We are family, Get up ev'rybody and sing...Anyone else humming some Sister Sledge?


No comments:

Post a Comment